Green tea extract contain caffeine
provides powerful antioxidant effects throughout the body. Green tea contains health-promoting polyphenols including epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), a powerful antioxidant which has been the subject of extensive scientific research. So pour on the multiple health benefits with this essential extract!
Benefits at a Glance
- Powerful antioxidant
- Supports cell membrane integrity
- Boosts liver detoxification
- Enhances immune function
- Supports healthy cholesterol levels already within normal range and lipid profiles
- Supports healthy cell growth
- Possibly promotes weight loss
Powerful Antioxidant Backed by Extensive Scientific Research
The antioxidant activity of EGCG is about 25–100 times that of vitamins C and E.1, 2 One cup of green tea provides roughly 100 mg of polyphenols3 and has antioxidant effect greater than a serving of broccoli, spinach, carrots or strawberries.
More Polyphenols in One Capsule than Several Cups of Green Tea
One capsule of Life Extension’s Mega Green Tea Extract provides more polyphenols than you get from drinking seven cups of green tea. This green tea extract is standardized to 98% polyphenols and contains 326.25 mg of EGCG, by far the most important polyphenol that green tea provides. And green tea powdered extracts have been shown to absorb 60%–90% better into the bloodstream4 and to be far more bioavailable than drinking green tea itself.
Research Supported Benefits of Green Tea
The Chinese have used green tea for therapeutic purposes since 2000 BC. More recently, volumes of published scientific findings attest to its multiple health benefits … including:
- Scavenging reactive oxygen species such as superoxide and the hydroxyl and peroxyl radical 5-9
- Cell membrane supporting properties10-12
- Possibly promoting weight loss13-19
- Boosting the effectiveness of enzymatic phase II detoxification20-26
- Helping maintain healthy cell proliferation27-41
- Helping maintain healthy blood cholesterol, LDL and triglyceride levels already within normal range42-52
- Enhancing immune function53-67
- Displaying protective effects on brain tissues68-79
Mega Green Tea Extract has been concentrated and dual standardized to ensure the highest quality, consistency and biological activity. This advanced extract contains 98% total polyphenols and 45% epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG).